Nonprofit organizations can launch an online fundraising drive for their cause, promote it to their friends and network, and raise money. That in a nutshell is what Causes is all about.
Network for Good is pleased to announce a new partnership with Causes. Network for Good is now processing all donations made by US-based donors to US 501(c)3 nonprofits. Whether you have received a donation through Network for Good before or not, here is some important information you need to know:
- Start a Cause: Click here to setup your cause. Need help promoting your Cause? See the related articles below.
- Disbursement of donations – Payments are sent by check to the address listed in Guidestar for each organization, so please ensure that your GuideStar Information Form (GIF) is up-to-date. You will have the option of registering for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) after receiving your first donation from Network for Good.
- Donation processing timeline – Donations are processed and mailed out by the 15th of each month and include all donations processed in the previous month. For example, donations made in February will be sent out by March 15th. If there are multiple causes benefiting your organization, all the donations made to those causes are combined in the disbursement check.
- Address/Information Updates – The address and information listed on each nonprofit's beneficiary profile in Causes is obtained directly from Guidestar's database. To update the address or any other information listed, please update your Guidestar profile. To update and manage your organization's information in the Causes database, please sign on to our new partnering system at http://www.causes.com/partners/new
- Check Payments – The check has a detail page attached to it that is itemized to show the donor name (or anonymous) for each donation and the designation if there is one. A generic insert is also included in the check payment which shares information about how to view details of your donations online, sign up for EFT, and update your Guidestar profile. Please contact Network for Good's customer service team at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Payments – Payments are sent to the account on file for that organization. Payment timing is the same with EFT or check payments. An "EFT Newsletter" is sent to the contact at each NPO that receives an EFT payment in a given month. Donation Tracking Report – Accompanying the donation check from Network for Good is an insert that tells you how to track your organization's donations online – "Log onto your donation tracking report at https://www.networkforgood.org/npo/reports to view information on your donors.
- Tax Receipts - We send an e-mail receipt to donors for their tax purposes and records.
- Daily Donation Summary Emails – You can sign up to receive an email on days when a donation is processed to your organization. You'll be able to log-in and view details of new donations. To be added as a recipient of this email, you should send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify your EIN and the email address(s) you would like to add. For questions regarding Network for Good donations, please e-mail email@example.com. Donations made to US-based nonprofits from donors with addresses outside the US will continue to be processed by JustGive.org (www.justgive.org). Donations that do not appear in your Network for Good donation tracking report are most likely being processed by Just Give.