Whether you've prepared all year for December fundraising or are playing catch up, there are still opportunities to make simple changes to help raise more money for your cause this year.
Use this quick checklist to improve your odds of making the most out of this season of giving:
1. Simplify your nonprofit home page to offer one call to action: Donate. Try these 5 critical keys to create a clear and compelling call to action.
2. Make your donate buttons large, colorful and easy to find. Get more online donations with these best practices for donation button placement and design.
3. Send donors straight to your online donation form from appeals and your donate buttons. Then, make sure they land on a well-designed donation page.
4. Include your donation link in your Facebook, Twitter and other social profiles. Learn how to leverage social media for your online fundraising efforts in our free mini-guide: Woo and Wow Your Donors via Social Media
5. Encourage recurring gifts. Make it easy for donors to give automatically each month with these three strategies for increasing recurring donations.
6. Test your online donation process and fix problems before sending your appeal. Try these three tests to improve your nonprofit website and donation process.
8. Create a "Why Donate" page that makes a case for why someone should care. Write a message that appeals to donors and makes them want to give more.
Photo Source: Big Stock Photo