You’re about to say something important. Maybe it’s a fundraising appeal, maybe it’s a speech, or maybe it’s a donor acknowledgment. Before sending that message or opening your mouth, run through these eight questions to make sure your message will speak to your audience and inspire action.
Photo source: Big Stock Photo
- Does it make the receiver of your message feel seen and heard at the outset?
- Does it feel like it’s about you or the person you’re addressing? If it’s all about you, change it.
- Does it emotionally connect from word one?
- Does it contain something of value to the audience?
- Does it ask for a clear, simple action?
- Does it contain one amazing story?
- Does it invite conversation?
- Does it thank the person for listening?
Yes? You’re good to go.
No? Try to make it better. These are nonprofit marketing essentials.